Tokyo Wonder Site (TWS) launched its residency programs in 2006, cooperating with art centers and cultural institutions all over the world.
Now we are calling for “Research Residency Program”, aimed at both international and local creators who are willing to conduct research activities on arts and culture for new creation in the city of Tokyo.
July 31, 2015
*Application Form must arrive at TWS Residency no later than July 31, 2015
■Target for this program
This program is aimed at those creators
– who are willing to conduct research activities with their own theme(s) in the city of Tokyo.
– who practice in any of the following cultural/ artistic fields: visual art, music, sound art, performing art, architecture, design, and curation.
■Residency Period/ Number of Creators
(1) From the beginning of May, 2016 to the end of May, 2016 (one month)
(2) From the beginning of June, 2016 to the end of July, 2016 (two months)
(3) From the beginning of September, 2016 to the end of September, 2016 (one month)
(4) From the beginning of October, 2016 to the end of November, 2016 (two months)
(5) From the beginning of January, 2017 to the end of January, 2017 (one month)
(6) From the beginning of February, 2017 to the end of March, 2017 (two months)
[Number of Creators (tentative)]
2 – 4 creators for each period/ 20 creators in total are to be selected.
■What TWS offers
Self-contained single room and support for research activities
*A twin room will be provided for creators applying as a duo.
*In principle, this program does not provide working studio for the participating creators.
*Any activities making big noise or vibration including playing musical instruments are not allowed in TWS Residency.
■How to apply
Download the “Application Outline” and “Application Package” above and send all materials to TWS Residency.
Please read “Application Outline” carefully about details.
*For Japanese applicants: Please use Japanese application form
>> jump the Japanese website