OPEN SITE 2017-2018 Open call program waiting for your proposal!!
Deadline for Application Documents(by E-mail): 4/19(Wed)
Deadline for Application Materials(by Upload): 4/26(Wed)
OPEN SITE is an open call program to accept multiangular activities in creative fields.
With this program, Tokyo Wonder Site (TWS) will strive to be a new platform for future art
that creators from all genres to interact. In its first year series, 16 projects were selected
from more than 250 entries from home and abroad. Adding 4 TWS recommendation programs,
in total of 20 unique projects have been exposured.
In 2017, we also call for proposals which seek unprecedented expressions and face to a society
from a new perspective.
We covet your plan strongly motivated to present new sensation by making free use of the space
at TWS Hongo.
【Open Call Information】
(1) Projects that can be realised using a space such as:
Exhibitions, Installations, Research presentations, Performing arts, Films and audio-visual works,
Lectures, symposiums or workshops and any other projects which are related to above or combined projects.
(2) Projects which explores new expression/ art/ culture, and tries to open up to societies.
(3) Projects which are well structured and have unique originality.
[Format of presentation]
(1) Exhibition (Exhibition period: 38 days / Admission:free of charge)
(2) Performance (Available period including install and de-install: About 1 week /
Ticket price must be settled.)
[Support by TWS]
(1) Providing a space at TWS Hongo for projects for free of charge.
(2) Providing a subsidy for productions of works and projects as follows:
-Exhibition For residents in Japan: 300,000 JPY (Tax included)
For residents outside Japan: 400,000 JPY (Tax included)
-Performance For residents in Japan: 100,000 JPY (Tax included)
For residents outside Japan: 200,000 JPY (Tax included)
(3) 90% of the ticket revenue(tax included) of each project will be given. (Performance Only)
(4) TWS Residency as accommodation for residents outside of Japan.
(5) Assisting a part of PR and management of the project
- Mizuki Endo (Independent Curator / Executive Director of HAPS)
- Minoru Hatanaka (Senior Curator, NTT InterCommunication Center [ICC])
- Masahiro Miwa (Composer, Media Artist/ Professor, Institute of Advanced Media Arts and Sciences)
- Director of Arts Program and Residency Division, Tokyo Wonder Site
[Program Period / Venue]
(1) 10/14(Sat), 2017-11/26(Sun), 2017
(2) 12/9(Sat), 2017-1/28(Sun), 2018
Tokyo Wonder Site HONGO (2-4-16 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo)
[How to Apply]
Please download Application Package from TWS website and refer to “Application Outline.”